Todays masterpiece is...
my husband. :) He has a seizure disorder, and yesterday he had a seizure. It's been two years since the last one. You never really know if he's "done" with that or not...bc they can pop up anytime, anywhere. I say anytime but,
EVERY.SINGLE.ONE. of his seizures in his entire life have happened on a Sunday. Anyone want to take that out back to dry and figure out?!! Back to yesterday. I was at church, working in the nursery. He calls me about 10am saying he's very disoriented and doesn't feel right, and wanted me to come home. I could tell by his voice something wasn't right, so I ran and told Kay (my boss) that I had to go. I raced home, talking to Jeremy the whole way. We weren't sure yet what was wrong, if he had already had a seizure, was about to, or what...I got home and he was just lying down on the sofa. He was talking better already (bc he was kinda mumbling not making much sense on the phone). I did the "check" and he was ok. But he had bumped his head, and had bit his tongue. Major evidence there. Also, the lightswitch by our back door was broken. I asked him if he knew what happened, and he didn't remember. Another key sign. So he told me the events of the morning, and that he'd been talking to our neighbor out back for a while. So I decided to call him and see if he had noticed anything out of the ordinary. He did, and explained that Jeremy was mumbling, not making much sense, and that he saw the bump on his head. All the pieces were fitting together for me and him and we had no doubt that he did have a seizure. (see, when you have one, you don't know before if you will, you don't remember a thing about it during, and you wake up having no idea you even had one). So since I wasn't around evidence is all we had to go on. He was already feeling better. Just tired and sore. He bumped his knee, his head and his tongue. I asked James if "daddy fell or anything" and he didn't know. Either he had been in another room or just wasn't sure. (he doesn't seem traumatized at all though, which is good). Our dog Chaucer though, was acting odd. Like he was traumatized. I'm thinking that Chaucer can "sense" that kind of stuff because he was acting so weird. When I noticed it, i held him a lot, petted him etc. He seemed better after a bit. But I have no doubt that he knew what it was and was just trying to get over it. So, after we figured out what had happened and Jeremy was feeling better I called the family, friends etc. The rest of the day was spent resting, talking etc. He honestly feels fine today. He's at work and is hopfully going to get an appt for his neuro today. We couldn't call yesterday since it was a Sunday. Also, he is hoping to be able to work from home a few days a week, so that I don't have to drive him everyday. I hope that all he needs is an adjustment on his meds. Pray with me that this will be his last one (at least for a very long time) and that the dr isn't worried about anything and our cruise won't be affected and we can return to "normal" life soon.
So, today my masterpiece is my wonderful husband. He is so strong, he takes all this in stride (as well as you can) and will definitely come out on top. I love you hunny! You rock!

Ughhhh...I am SO sad to hear this. :( I hope you're able to get him in with the neuro soon and everything is ok.
ReplyDelete